FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
NuNet Technical Support tends to get a significant amount of questions
regarding basic information concerning our service. It is our hope that
this page will assist you in working through some of the questions that you
have concerning your Internet account through our company.
General Support Questions
- What are the hours in which you offer Technical
- I am calling after hours with a problem?
Can I get support?
- Are there other methods to contact Tech Support
other then calling?
- What are the limitations, if any, of the support
you will provide?
- I keep on getting "Error 691. The Computer
you are dialing cannot establish a Dialup Networking connection. Please
check your password and try again". What could be the problem?
- How can I tell if the access number that NuNet
gave to me is a local call?
- Why do some numbers on your access number list
have @POP3.net, @world.net, @usa, and @nni.com behind them and what are they
- I keep on getting "Error 680: There is No Dial
Tone" when I try to connect. What could be the problem?
- I keep on getting "Error 630: The Modem is not
Responding" when I try to connect. What could be the problem?
- I normally double click on the Internet Explorer
or the Netscape Communicator icon to connect to the internet. Normally
it brings up the connection and/or begins to dial automatically.
However, now when I double click on the icon, it does not dial. It just
goes right to the browser and says that it cannot find the server.
- Once I connect to the internet, how can I tell at
what speed the modem connected at?
- Why is my modem disconnecting all the time?
- I am only connecting between 26.4kbps and 31.2kbps
or worse. Why could this be happening?
- How can I disable Call Waiting while I am on the
internet so that I do not get disconnected whenever somebody tries to call
into my phone?
- I am using Windows 95/98/98SE. For some
reason it takes an awfully long time to connect. The status just says
"Logging on to Network" for at least 1-2 minutes, sometimes more. Can
this be corrected?
- When I try to dial up, I keep on getting either an
operator coming over the speaker or an "Error 676: The Line is Busy".
What could be the problem?
- I am using either Windows XP, 2000, or NT. I
keep on getting an error message that indicates that the "Username is invalid
on the domain". However, I have my username and password entered
correctly. What could be the problem?
- Do you support the v.92 protocol?
- Do you have toll-free access for when I am
- I can connect to the internet ok. However,
I am unable to pull down any websites or check my email? What could be
- How can I setup my homepage in Internet Explorer
or Netscape Communicator?
- I am a previous customer of Intergrafix.
If I try to go to any website, I get a window that comes up that says
"Incorrect DNS". What does this mean and how can I fix it?
- I have a website that is coming up slowly, or
not at all. Other websites though seem to come up ok.
- I am using Netscape Communicator 4.x. The
weirdest thing is happening where I am connected ok, but when I click on a
link in Netscape, nothing happens. Is there something wrong with my
- Why do I keep on getting these annoying Pop-Up
ads? Can anything be done about this?
- When I go to a specific website, or if I click
on a specific link on a website, I get an Error 404 message. Why do I
get this page?
- My dialup username has "nni" in front of it.
Do I need to have "nni" in front of my email address as well?
- Is it possible to check my email from multiple
locations, not just from my home computer?
- What are the Incoming and Outgoing Mail Servers
that I need to have programmed into my email program?
- I am trying to send an email out from my NuNet
email account, and I get an error message that says "The mail server you are
SENDING FROM is on an international blacklist...". Why is this coming
- I am using Eudora 5 or 5.1. Whenever I try to
send or receive email, I get a "Security Certificate error". Is the a
problem with the program settings or with your server?
- I am using Outlook Express. Right after I do
a Send and Receive to get and/or send my email, I get disconnected? How
can this be corrected?
- How many email addresses do I get as part of your
service, and how can I setup additional email accounts should I need them?
- I like to check my email on more than one computer.
I'd like to have a copy of each email on both computers. Is there a way
to do this?
- I am getting an error message when I try to check
my email that says "You are over quota". What does this mean?
- I typically use the WebMail system from the NNI.com
homepage to send and receive my email. The messages that I send out
from WebMail do not save in WebMail. Is there a way to setup my account
so that I can save Sent messages?
- I normally have my received messages saved on
WebMail. But when I went into there to check, they were all gone.
Where are my messages?
- How much space am I allotted on my email account?
Can I get more if I need it?
- I have been having problems where my email program
will download some of my email messages, but then it will get stuck on one
specific message. I'll abort it and try again. It will
re-download the same messages and get stuck on the same exact one as it did
- How exactly does your Spam Filtering System look
for spam and eliminate it?
- Is it possible for me to setup my own personal spam
- I do not want the Spam Filtering System on my email
account. Can I have it turned off?
- I would like to send out email to a mailing list.
However, NuNet will not let me send out to more than 20 people at a time
without the spam filters catching it. Is there a way I can create a
mailing list that will be sent out successfully?
- I received a notification email indicating that
somebody had attempted to send me an email with a virus attached to it.
OR I received a notification email indicating that I had attempted to
send an email with a virus attached to it. What exactly do these
- I do not connect through NuNet but I still use my
NuNet email address. Whenever I try to send email I get an Error 550
about Relaying Mail not being permitted. Why can't I send email?
Personal Web Site Questions
- I had a personal website for several years and
now I find that it is gone. What happened to my website?
- How do I signup for a new personal website?
- How can I upload my files to the personal website
- I'd like to use FTP to upload my files to the
personal web server. What information do I need to plug into my FTP
program in order to upload it properly?
- What would be the URL of my personal website
- How much web space do I get with my personal
website? Can I get more if I need it?
- I would just like to use my website space to
store pictures for use on my online auctions. Is this allowed?
- I would like to use my personal website to sell a
product. Is this allowed?
- Are there any special rules that I need to follow
with regards to uploading files to the personal web server so that it works
- Does my personal website support FrontPage
Spam Prevention Questions
- What exactly is Spam?
- I have gotten Spam where it gives me the option to
Remove myself from their mailing list. I clicked on it and did what
they asked but I still get spam from them. Why?
- What can I do to keep my email address from being
picked up by spammers?
- What can I do about reporting Spam that I do not
wish to receive?
Virus Prevention Questions
- How do computer viruses get into my computer?
- How can I tell if a virus warning I get is
legitimate or if it is one of the many hoaxes that have been circulating
around the Internet?
- What can I do to minimize the chances of getting a
computer virus on my computer?
- Is there a way that I can do a scan for viruses
without having to purchase a virus software package?
- My Windows XP "Save Password" box has more dots in
it then I do characters in my password? Do I need to enter my password
again and resave it?
- I would like to change my username and/or password.
How do I do this?
- Do I need additional software to setup my NuNet
- I was originally with a company that NuNet had
bought out. I still have the original installation disk that was
provided to me by the previous administration. If I want to setup my
computer for the internet again do I need to use this disk again or do I need
new disk from NuNet?
- I am trying to reply to a survey that was sent to my
by the Technical Support department. How exactly do I need to do this?
- I am running a LAN (Local Area Network) and running
Internet Connection Sharing to allow the computers on my LAN access to the
internet. Is this a problem?
- Where can I download the most recent versions of
Netscape Communicator and Internet Explorer?
- I got a computer virus on my computer. What
can I do to fix it?
- I keep on hearing all kinds of internet and network
terms. Can you tell me what some of these mean?